Summer is finally approaching, so now it's once again time for a spring green-up/cleanup of our beaches and other Association facilities. We'll meet at Ripple Beach at 9:00 am on Saturday May 6 (rain date May 7)**. With a good turnout of 25-30 people, it should take only a few hours. And to give you a little incentive, there will be a drawing for a $50 gift certificate for one lucky participant.
Some of the things we need to do to get ready for summer are:
1. Rake beaches (Ripple, Lollipop, and Winding Cove)
2. Clean up leaves and debris at shoreline
3. Clean leaves and debris around Levins, swings, picnic areas, garage, etc
4. Paint Lollipop swings structure
5. Paint horseshoe pit posts
6. Install new ropes at horseshoe pit
7. Move picnic tables into position
8. Repair broken picnic tables
9. Paint picnic tables as needed
10. Paint stair rail at Levins
11. Clean stairs at Levins
12. Clean inside of Levins
13. Rake sand at swings
14. Repair concrete wall next to Levins stairway
15. Remove large trash/debris on Association roadways
There are several other smaller items to do. We will have a complete list ready on the 6th.
Please bring gloves, shovels, rakes, paint brushes, and other tools.
If you are interested in helping out on a day other than May 6th, please let Dave Urban (maintenance director) know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks, and hope to see you there.
**Originally scheduled for May 13, but the town wide yard sale is also on May 13, we rescheduled to give members the opportunity to participate in both!
Also, please note that this Green-up/clean-up is separate from the Earth Day trash and litter cleanup that many of you are a part of. We encourage you to participate in both activities to keep our lake community looking good!