- This event has passed.
Fishing Derby: Bi-Weekly Series
July 23 @ 8:45 am - 12:00 pm
Hello fellow anglers – We will be having a series of five bi-weekly fishing derbies beginning on June 25th.
As in years past, please pre-register for each Saturday. This makes it easier for Steve to set up our scoring sheet and also makes sure we don’t have too many boats fishing. Please check in at Steve’s dock at 8:45 AM. (2nd dock South of Ripple Beach) Fishing will start at 9 AM, lines out by noon, and we’ll weigh in at Lollipop beach immediately after.
Registration will be $10 per boat, with a max of 2 anglers per boat. All money will be split among the top 3 finishers. While you certainly don’t need to fish every Saturday, an “angler team of the year” will be calculated for extra fun.
- Each day of the tournament the total boat entry fee collected will be divided between three winners: 50% of total fee to winner, 30% to second place, 20% to third place. A special prize courtesy of Far Hills Association Social will be awarded to the boat that caught the “lunker” – heaviest fish caught of the morning
- All boats must have an FHA sticker and be equipped with a live well to keep fish alive – inspections may occur at registration
- Points on each tournament will be awarded as follows:
- Two points per fish caught and alive at weigh in – no points for fish not alive
- One point for every pound in the bag (no rounding up)
- Weight of any small mouth bass will be doubled
- Three points for the “lunker”
- There will be an end of year accumulation of points to declare an “Angler of the Year” – AOY Points will be determined by:
- Total cumulative points from tournaments fished
- 5 points for every tournament fished
Please contact Steve Hogan if you have questions or want to pre-register: firstname.lastname@example.org